Saturday, October 24, 2009

Nursery Ideas!


Even though our nursery is really only the right side of our bedroom I think we can make it super cute! There is plenty of room for baby furniture so I think it will work out just fine for our little Leona Belle. I thought it would be really nice and soothing to go with a foresty color theme, with woodsy creatures and trees! I'd love to have a Where the Wild Things Are color palette (I know this is very big right now, but I still dig it.) These may not be traditional girl colors but we all know ladies like forests and adventures too, so there. You may remember that a while back I'd decided to start making stuffed animals. Sadly I only completed this one little top heavy elephant, but I think he'd love to be incorporated into LB's nursery too. Do elephants and forests really go together? In Leona's room they do!

We've been looking at a crib from Target, a dresser and glider from Walmart, that cute forest pillow from Urban Outfitters, rug from Home Decorators, and an floor lamp from our living room. Here's a little mock up of what it could look like all together. What do you think?
And here is a bedding set I found at Albeebaby.com that brings in the forest colors and elephants! Perfect, right? And it's on sale!
I've really been loving the forest wall decals and wallpaper I've seen around, and think it would be pretty easy to paint a lovely birch wall with some birds and maybe a little squirrel or two behind the crib. I might try and get my talented buddy JJ to help me with that. (What do you say, Jen?) Below is a picture of a cool decal you can get on Etsy. I'm thinking it would be cool to paint something like this but with less contrast, like a golden beige background with white trees, gold birds, etc.
Lastly I've really wanted to buy a print or two from an illustrator I love, Jen Corace. I haven't been able to track down any of her forest prints so I might email her directly. I think nice art would look really amazing on top of the birch forest, if it is a nice low contrast. Here are a couple of her pieces that I love love love. That about wraps it up for ideas, what do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Love the theme! And the colors! Leona Belle is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete